Please read this software license agreement carefully before using your IDA USA LLC product. By using your IDA USA LLC product you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, promptly return your IDA USA LLC product in its original package with your sales receipt within 30 days or in accordance with the return policy of your point of purchase, whichever is longer.
1. General. The software/app and documentation accompanying this agreement ("Software") is licensed, not sold, to you by IDA USA LLC (IDA USA LLC) for use only under the terms and conditions of this agreement. IDA USA LLC and its licensors retain ownership of the Software and IDA USA LLC reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. The terms of this agreement will govern any software updates provided by IDA USA LLC that replace and/or supplement the original Software, unless such update is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
2. License Grant and Restrictions. Subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement, IDA USA LLC grants to you a limited nonexclusive license to use one copy of the Software only with the IDA USA LLC product you have purchased or the IDA USA LLC service used by you. You may not and you agree not to, or to enable others to, copy (except as expressly permitted by this agreement), decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or attempt to derive the source code of, or create derivative works of, or an installer for, the Software or any part thereof (except as expressly permitted by applicable law). THE SOFTWARE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, MEDICAL DEVICES OR OTHER EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
3. Transfer. You may not and you agree not to, or to enable others to, sell, re-distribute, rent, lease or sublicense the Software, except that if you purchased a IDA USA LLC product with this Software you may transfer the Software upon a permanent transfer of the IDA USA LLC product using the Software; provided that: (a) all Software updates in your use or possession are included in the transfer, (b) you do not retain a copy of the Software, full or partial, including copies stored on a computer or other storage device, and (c) the transferee reads and agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement.
4. Termination. This agreement is effective until terminated. Either party may terminate this agreement for any reason at any time. Your right to use the Software will automatically terminate without notice from IDA USA LLC if you violate any terms of this agreement. Upon termination of this agreement, you must stop using the Software and destroy any copies of the Software in your possession or control. The provisions of paragraphs 5, 6, 10, 11 and 12 shall survive expiration or termination of this agreement.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE IDA USA LLC SOFTWARE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF THE IDA USA LLC SOFTWARE AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. IDA USA LLC AND ITS LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE IDA USA LLC SOFTWARE AND SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. IDA USA LLC DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE IDA USA LLC SOFTWARE OR SERVICES, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE IDA USA LLC SOFTWARE OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE IDA USA LLC SOFTWARE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE IDA USA LLC SOFTWARE OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. NO IDA USA LLC DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATION, EXTENSION, OR ADDITION TO THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusions of implied warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of consumers, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL IDA USA LLC OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE SALE, LICENSE OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE ANY IDA USA LLC PRODUCT OR SERVICE, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF IDA USA LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO CASE WILL IDA USA LLC'S AND ITS LICENSOR'S' TOTAL LIABILITY EXCEED THE ACTUAL MONEY PAID FOR THE IDA USA LLC PRODUCT OR SERVICE GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY. The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. The above limitations will not apply in case of personal injury where and to the extent that applicable law requires such liability.
7. U.S. Government End Users. The Software is a "Commercial Item", as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation," and is being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items, and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions of this agreement. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
8. Export Law Assurances. You agree that you may not export or re-export the Software in violation of any applicable laws or regulations including without limitation those of the United States of America, the European Union, Switzerland and/or the laws or regulation of the jurisdiction(s) in which the Software was obtained.
9. Agents and Third Party Purchasers. If you are acquiring the Software on behalf of another person or entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind the party or entity for which you are acquiring the Software to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
10. Controlling Law and Severability. If you are in the U.S.A., this agreement will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of California, without regard to or application of its choice of law rules or principles. If you reside outside the U.S.A., this agreement will be exclusively governed by the laws of Switzerland. If for any reason any provision of this agreement, or portion thereof, is found to unenforceable, that provision of the agreement will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this agreement will continue in full force and effect.
11. Complete Agreement; Governing Language. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Software and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings, communications or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by IDA USA LLC Any translation of this agreement is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English version, the English version of this agreement will govern.
12. Arbitration. Unless precluded by local law, any dispute arising out between you and IDA USA LLC shall be resolved through final and binding arbitration conducted under the Consumer Arbitration Rules ("Rules") of the American Arbitration Association except that any dispute that would otherwise fall under the jurisdiction of a small claims court may, at the option of one of the parties, be brought in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction prior to appointment of the arbitrator. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single arbitrator selected by mutual agreement of the parties or under the selection process set forth in the Rules. The costs of the arbitration shall be apportioned between the parties as set forth in the Rules. The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding on the parties without right of appeal.
YOU MUST CONTACT IDA USA LLC WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE DATE OF THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT OR FACTS THAT GIVE RISE TO A CLAIM, OR YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY CLAIM BASED UPON SUCH EVENT OR FACTS.
14. Updates. IDA USA LLC shall have no obligation to provide updates or support for the Software. In the event that IDA USA LLC, in its sole discretion, provides your product with updates and/or upgrades to the Software ("Updates"), you agree that IDA USA LLC may, for any reason at any time, terminate any such Updates. IDA USA LLC and its subsidiaries and agents may collect, maintain, process and use diagnostic, technical and related information, including but not limited to information about your IDA USA LLC product, computer, system and application software, peripherals and other related devices, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of Updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to the IDA USA LLC software, and to verify compliance with the terms of this agreement. IDA USA LLC may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve our products or to provide services to you.
The Software is protected by United States copyright law and international treaty. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of the Software is subject to civil and criminal penalties.
© 2017 IDA USA LLC All rights reserved.